Q. Where do I have to live to get a library card?


To be able to get a library card, you need to live (or own property) in our service area, which covers most of Kent County. The exceptions are the City of Grand Rapids, the City of Cedar Springs, Solon Township, Sparta Township, the Village of Sparta and the portion of Bowne and Caledonia townships within the Thornapple Kellogg school district.

If you'd like to check to see if your address is eligible, please chat us, email us, or give us a call at (616) 784-2007.

Click here for a map of our service area!


  • Last Updated Aug 20, 2018
  • Views 1749
  • Answered By Jared Seigel

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 4   0

Contact Us

Thank you for using AskKDL, Kent District Library's information and help service!

Search our knowledge base above to find answers to frequently asked questions, or submit a new question below. You can also chat with us, email us, call us, or text us. We're here to help!